When manufacturing any device, precision is critical to success. When manufacturing a medical device, 1/1000 of an inch can be the difference between success and failure. For the best quality end product, it’s critical that the tool is manufactured to optimize the flow of raw material. Our full service tool shop is entirely in-house; therefore, our tooling experts respond more efficiently and precisely to a request for change. Combined with decades of staff experience, our EDM and CNC equipment provides our customers with Class 101 injection molds, precision components, and innovative tooling and fixtures. This capability allows Biomerics to manage all aspects of the product development process quickly and effectively.
- Compensates for the effect of process conditions, including pressure, temperature and material flow rates.
- Matches our customers’ exact design specifications, including outside and inside diameters (OD and ID), number of lumens, wall thickness and profile.
- Undergoes rigorous validation procedures to verify that it meets the specifications of the job.
Our tool engineering services include:
- Master CAM, which turns specifications into code and maintains generational information about previous runs.
- Wire EDM (electrical discharge machine) which turns the Master CAM code into precision cuts.
- Tools for maintaining Biomerics' equipment in peak condition.
In high-volume or long-run component manufacturing, tool wear can be expensive. Since the material the tool is made of can have a big impact on its lifespan, our engineers recommend the best material to optimize each tool’s performance and endurance.
Biomerics offers the following tooling services:
- Tool Design and Development
- IM Tooling
- Extrusion Screws
- Extrusion Heads/Tips/Dies
- Cast Tools
- Assembly Fixtures
- Precision Tooling Services
- EDM – 6
- Wire/Small Hole/Plunger
- Milling Centers – 10
- Micromachining – 2
- CNC Turing – 4
- Grinding, Cutting, Assembly
- Tool Maintenance and Repair